Have you been following Plattco and thinking what a great place it would be to work? Do you want to be a part of an Employee-Owned Company that has been in business for 120 years? If you are interested in learning more about joining the Plattco Team, please feel free to contact our Human Resources Department at HumanResources@plattco.com.
Field Service Technician – Travel Position
Full Job Description
To provide top-notch service and support to our customers at their locations. Extensive travel required.
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Assumes Personal Responsibility
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, equipment, and systems of work for self and all employees, and to participate in training as needed for this purpose
- Repair and Service Plattco products at customer sites – generally within the lower 48 states
- Will work independently or in a team to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Responsible for parts returns, packing of used and unused parts, and providing accurate counts to Sales
- Must schedule own travel - flights, accommodations, transportation, etc… Some assistance will be provided by other service technicians
- Will write and deliver Trip Logs, Job Reports, Expense Reports in a timely manner
- When not traveling will be assigned to other production areas
- Attendance is regular and consistent; absences are minimal, and communications about them are timely and considerate
- Works overtime as needed
- High mechanical aptitude
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to multi task/assignments
- This position requires that employees be able to lift at least 50 pounds regularly
- Exhibits a continuous improvement mindset
- Represents Company in a professional manner
- Must be able to wear required PPE (Safety Glasses, Ear Plugs, Steel-Toe Boots, etc…)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Please apply by resume only, email your resume to: email@example.com
Responsible for managing all sales activities and providing comprehensive customer support within a defined geographical territory. The Territory Manager is responsible for any independent representatives/contractors and partnering with the outside sales team and in a given territory. This role will require some travel (25-50%), as you will have responsibilities within the inside and outside sales groups within your applicable regions.
- Achieving sales and revenue targets and KPI’s as set by the Manager.
- Building the business within the territory using a variety of sales techniques, including but not limited to, telephone, email, web-based meetings and site visits.
- Develop the list of target companies within the area.
- Prepare product cost quotes by effectively identifying required components and labor to achieve the desired balance of cost and profitability.
- Provide the pre-sales support including the development of project proposals, delivery of engineering drawings and renderings, contract preparation and pricing. This requires a high level of relationships, partnering and collaboration with appropriate internal partners.
- Coordinates the post-sale support including project management, timelines, related interface with engineering and manufacturing to ensure the design intent is maintained and the agreed upon delivery dates are met.
- Communicates with customer to resolve design, product delivery, costs and engineering issues that arise during the pre and post sales process.
- Developing sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts, building rapport, providing technical information and explanations and preparing proposals in a way that articulates Plattco's value proposition.
- Developing sales strategies to target large accounts and managing pipeline of opportunities identifying stages in the buying process and assigning next steps.
- Develop all quotes and orders in territory, meeting all deadlines set forth by both the external customer (end user, engineering firm, OEM, etc) and internal customers (engineering, administrative team, manufacturing, etc).
- Achieve all KPIs in regards to revenue and margin in a given territory.
- Resolve customer complaints and issues by investigating problems, working with QA and Engineering to develop solutions, communicating findings to the customers and ensuring customer is satisfied
- Proactively communicating with the customers to identify sales opportunities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of product lines through continuing education, cross-training, job –shadowing, industry publications, and professional development seminars.
- Project Management as delegated by management.