Dry Material Handling with a Radial Seat & Flapper
AKA Double Pendulum Valve, Double Gate Valve, Double Flap Gate, Double Dump Valves, Tipping valves, Trickle valves - all names used to refer to the product we invented more than 60 years ago. The equipment may go by other names, but there is only one Plattco Double Flap Airlock valve!
The R Series Radial Valve combine all of the features of our H-Series with an air tight radial (round) seat and flapper. Our solution is customizable and includes the option for metal to metal seals, silicone seals or even seals with sacrificial coatings. The patented radial shape of the seat and flappers on this series valve allow for a true and tight fit even after extended use to prevent loss of pressure. Our solutions are customizable and include the options of metal to metal seals, silicone seals, or sacrificial coatings.
Excellence in Design:
- No rotary action means no need to build clearance (leakage) into the radial valve - which eliminates tramp, fugitive air, and emissions through the valve into the system or leakage to the atmosphere.
- Housing is not part of the seal, allowing it to last for decades in the worst operational environments.
- Unlike rotary valves, Plattco’s double flap airlock valves ensure the seal never breaks when filling & emptying. One valve always remains closed to maintain the seal.
- The internal wear components, called the Seat & flapper, have machine-tight tolerances to eliminate air leakage:
- Seat & flapper can be resurfaced several times with our Regrind Program to get back “like new” condition & performance – renewing the seal at about 15% of the price of new components
- Rated for applications up to 1800 F/980 C.
- Rated for applications up to 40 psi/2.75 BAR
- All-cast construction & proprietary alloys (Cast Iron, Ni-Resist, Stainless Steel) for durability & wear resistance.
- Proprietary design eliminates bridging, jamming & material build-up (issues that are inherent to the design of rotary airlocks)
- In pressurized applications, Plattco’s patented mechanical shaft seal eliminates the potential for leakage
- Access covers to allow for safe, convenient, easy access to the internal components
Why is Plattco’s reliable, long-lasting seal so important?
- Air leakage deteriorates system capacity, efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- When you can’t produce the amount of material needed, the result is lower sales, decreased profits, and dissatisfied customers.
- Our patented high-pressure mechanical shaft seal will reduce maintenance costs, eliminate damage caused by air cutting, and assures a seal up to 40 psi (2.75 BAR).
Combined with Plattco’s legendary Easy Maintenance Technology, this exceptional radial valve offers the lowest overall 10 year cost of any other airlock on the market.
Performance & Safety Enhancements - Available on Most Models
Abrasion Resistant Coatings
Air Cooling Jets
Air Cylinder Heat Shields
Cylinder Rod Boots
Easy Access Covers (also in hinged)
End Bearing Seats
Four Way Directional Valves
High Temperature Bearings
Mechanical Limit Switches
Mechanical Shaft Seal
Optional Gear Ratios
Position Indicator Switch
Viton Air Cylinders
Zero Speed Switches
Not sure if the R-Series valve is the right valve for your unique needs?
We're here to helpEMAIL USSales Territories
LEARN MORE about the benefits of switching from rotary valves to Plattco Double Flap Airlock Valves.
Premiere Flap Valves
Ideal for dry material handling with successful applications in industries around the world. The robust design of the H-Series is the perfect selection for large volume, large particle sizes, and the most demanding conditions. Rated for up to 40 PSI (2.75 Bar) and temperatures up to 1800F/980C.Learn More
Same features of the H-Series with an air tight radial (round) opening with round internal mating components (seat/flapper). This valve received its name based on its round (radial) opening. Rated for up to 40 PSI (2.75 Bar) and temperatures up to 1800F/980C.Learn More
Low Profile Valves
Same rugged design as our famous H-Series Flap Valve at roughly half the height for applications when headroom is restricted. This valve is named for its “S”horter profile than our original H-Series. Rated for up to 15 PSI (1.0 Bar) and temperatures up to 1800F/980C.Learn More
Pollution Control Valves & Rotary Valve Replacement
The perfect valve for pollution control systems and other low pressure differential (< 2 psi/.14 bar) applications, with the same profile as the S8-Series. Rated for up to 750F/400C.Learn More